Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday of the Seventh Week

I wake up on time and exercise which I’m doing consistently at least five days a week now, thirty minutes each morning, and then a good swim at night, usually three times each week. I should have more to show for it, but this week I’m eating at home, not out, so I probably will. I read the book of Titus and the introduction to Praying Backwards, and watch the final scenes of Kinsey, a troubling but very well-produced story of sex education and science in the 1920’s.

Today is Tuesday of week seven and already I’ve changed offices, changed my methods of tracking projects after I figured out more or less what I was doing, and now I’m already thinking about changing my job. Melissa and I need to talk, and pray.

In the evening I fix a quick frozen dinner, shave, and go for a swim, all much earlier than usual because I’m considering going to a movie, but instead I take my computer to Starbucks and go online to catch up on a few tasks, and Melissa sends me a picture of the wall she’s painting, and then I enjoy a balmy walk back to my apartment. Emma prays with me, telling God so much about her day that she hasn’t told me yet, so I tell her just to talk to God, as if she’s actually talking to me, but she tells me she should be able to talk to God about anything just as if he’s somebody like you or me, and what can I say.

No comments: