Saturday, September 29, 2007

Schedule time for blog posts

I realize that I'm not fully taking advantage of this blog. I had all the best intentions, but I've spent nearly all of my time lately enjoying the presence of my family, diving into the new job and spending hours getting up to speed, or traveling to and from work. There are only a couple times typically when I might stop to assemble blog-worthy thoughts, and regretfully it's either when I am lying in bed at night or when I'm captive on a plane. In any given day there are dozens of situations that lead to streams of memories, spontaneous prayers of thanks to God for his goodness and grace, and sometimes new ideas. Even the one-sided conversations that I have in my mind could find some resolve in such posts, but instead they remain frustratingly imprisoned and doomed to be forgotten. So I haven't figured out when or how to consistently disengage from these moments and channel the inspiration into writing. I'll schedule time for it, which has worked for other worthwhile habits, and we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

deichmans said...

Larry,

You can use the 'blog to serve us (the lurkers), or you can use it to express yourself however you want.

The best bloggers I know use the blog as kind of an exhibitionistic diary, sharing whatever happens to cross their mind while they're online.

My own "posting periodicity" wavers greatly; sometimes the muse moves me and I post every day, while other times it may be a week or two between posts.

So remember: you are the master of the blog. Don't do it for us lurkers, do it for you and your wonderful family (who will delight in reading your archives so many years from now).